Alpha Xi Chapter
Rho Lambda, the National Sorority Leadership Recognition Society, was founded at the University of Miami as a local group in 1962 under the direction of Dean Louise P. Mills. In 1974, Rho Lambda received permission from the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) to become a national organization.
The Greek letters RHO LAMBDA stand for Panhellenic Leadership, respectively. Those who are leaders light a torch in the darkness for others to follow, and the flame is the symbol of Rho Lambda. Although membership was originally intended for women whose organizations belonged to campus Panhellenics, any sorority woman is now eligible for membership as long as she meets the membership selection criteria.
The purpose of Rho Lambda is to honor those women within the sorority community who have exhibited the highest qualities of leadership and service to their Greek community and their sorority. They are women who have furthered the ideals and principles of the Greek community throughout their years of sorority affiliation.
The colors of Rho Lambda are crimson and gold. The pin is a broken triangle with a crimson inset bearing the Greek leaders Rho Lambda in gold.
Purpose of Rho Lambda
Rho Lambda is to honor those women within Diversified Greek Council, National Pan-Hellencic Council and the Panhellenic Council who have exhibited the highest qualities of leadership and service to their council and their sorority. They are women who have furthered the ideals and principles of the Greek System throughout their years of sorority affiliations.
Applications are now being accepted for membership in UCF’s chapter of Rho Lambda. Rho Lambda is an Honor Society for female members of Greek social organizations. The qualifications for membership are based upon one’s character, scholarship, service, and leadership in the Greek community. To be a candidate for membership, a student shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be an active, initiated member of a Greek social organization for at least two full semesters.
- Minimum of 3.0 overall GPA.
- Currently a Junior or Senior class standing (minimum of 60 completed/earned hours).
- Have completed at least one full academic year at UCF.
- Sorority Involvement, Campus and Community Involvement, Leadership.
- Letter of Good Standing from Chapter President.
- Fee: $55.00 one-time fee (covers local/national dues, pin, certificate & honor cord) due on or before initiation.