Pillars: Brotherhood/Sister, Academics, Leadership, Philanthropy
OFSL Greek Ambassadors are current members of the community that serve to promote the true purpose of values based fraternities and sororities at the University of Central Florida. The program is designed to create awareness, positively promote, stimulate interest and represent the UCF Greek community. Greek Ambassadors will communicate a comprehensive view of student life at UCF while focusing on various aspects of the Greek community to inform prospective students, non-affiliated students, faculty/staff, parents, and the Orlando community on the accurate benefits and contributions of fraternity and sorority life. They will provide leadership development training and resources through peer education on relevant issues and community/university polices.
Expectations and Responsibilities
Responsibilities of a Greek Ambassador
- Positively promote the benefits of fraternity and sorority life
- Be knowledgeable on all councils (DGC, Pan, IFC, NPHC, Greek Council)
- Be able to complete a minimum of 20 hours per semester including summer
- Attend all Greek Ambassador training session(s) and retreat
- Be available throughout the summer to assist with student orientation
- Attend FTIC and transfer orientations as needed
- Attend OFSL programs as needed throughout the fall and spring semesters
- Provide support to OFSL leadership programming (i.e. Advocates, GLC, LDR 2001)
- Facilitate various programs which address challenges facing fraternity/sorority life
- Host guest speakers and distinguished guests of the community
- 3.0 Overall GPA
- Active initiate for one full semester and Sophomore class standing or above
- Letter of good standing from chapter
- One year time commitment
Connect With An Ambassador
Have a question about the Florida Greek community?
Our Florida Greek Ambassadors will be happy to connect with you as you navigate your student experience and consider one of our sororities and fraternities.
Request a Presentation or Have a Question?
Would you like for Florida Greek Ambassadors to present to your chapter, class, etc.? Click here to submit your request!